(Students Training in Research Involving Disparity Elimination)
Qualifications and Requirements for acceptance into Project STRIDE are as follows:
1.Applicant must have a 3.0 or better grade point average in general and in math and science courses in particular.
2.Applicant must be a current high school student in the 11th grade (in order to minimize clinical care accreditation issues of students being too young in a clinical research environment).
3.Completion of application form and application essay.
4.Signed Parental Consent Form for applicants under the age of 18.
5.Official copy of high school transcript submitted electronically by school.
6. Two letters of recommendation from current high school instructors or guidance counselors, with original signatures on high school letterhead.
7. All materials must be submitted and received no later than March 15.
If you meet the criteria for this program please submit this application:
Project STRIDE II is for Project STRIDE Alumni who are in undergraduate school. The application below is for Project STRIDE II applicants only. Email or bring hard copies of the Required Materials to:
Mrs. Dolores E. Caffey-Fleming
Project STRIDE Program Coordinator
Charles R. Drew University of Medicine and Science
1731 E 120th Street Rm.111
Los Angeles, CA 90059
Required Documents to be mailed:
1. Signed hard copy of application
2. Official Sealed High School Transcript (sent directly from school)
3. Two Letters of Recommendation - One letter must be from Faculty/Academic Counselor
All documents must be received no later than March 15
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Caffey-Fleming at firstname.lastname@example.org